Green Card Through Family

Family members of US citizens and permanent residents are eligible to be sponsored for permanent residence in the United States. There several categories of green card applications through family

1. An immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, which includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S citizens 21 or older.

2. A family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a  preference category , which includes unmarried sons and daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. Citizens 21 or older

3. A family member of a green card holder, which includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder.

4. A member of a special category, which can include a battered spouse or child of a U.S. citizen (VAWA), a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, a widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen, a K nonimmigrant (fiancé visa) or a V nonimmigrant (spouse or child of a permanent resident)